Saturday, August 28, 2010

Durham Splash Mob!

My list of reasons for loving my hometown, Durham, grows by the day. Here's an extra fun reason: there was an organized water fight downtown earlier this week. Yes, a major "hydro-war" took place by the Durham Farmer's Market this past Thursday. Local design & advertising agency, Flywheel, organized Durham's first "Splash Mob!"

My inner-graphic designer jumped for joy when I saw their ad for the free event! How cool, right?


I am so sad I had to miss this grand event! However, I've really enjoyed reading the reactions. Check out the Herald Sun's article and slideshow here. Seems like it was a refreshing and fun way to bring the community together.

I am going to make sure I make room on the calendar for next year's water war!

xoxo,
Kat

No comments: