Friday, November 5, 2010

tgif + a few happy thoughts

This is how I feel about it being Friday. via {Stephanie Rausser}
 Happy Friday, y'all! WOW! It's been a hot minute since I've posted. The full-time job, travels and family ties are definitely tugging me a lot of directions - all appropriately-so. However, I must admit time away from writing makes me feel like a tiger with no stripes! I'm happy to get back into the swing of things...

I have LOTS of fun news! Numero uno, MY BROTHER, BRYAN, IS ENGAGED! Yes, yes. While I already consider MegWhite to be my sister, they're going to make it oh-fficial! YAY! So big congrats to those two lovebirds :)


So freakin' cute - love them!
 Two, I'm super pumped because this weekend I am trekking up to Richmond, VA to visit with one of best friends, Ashley Brooke. I'm excited to see her, but I am also extremely excited about our plans (baking, massages, movies, the list goes on...) Needless to say, it will be a rockin' weekend!

Annnd three, my new friend Victoria has just started up her new wedding/design blog, Tickle My Fancy! Please be sure to hop over there and check it out!

Just a few things I want to mention that have put a smile on my face during my recently hectic schedule:

  • There's a Christmas tree farm being put up, as I type, across from my apartment complex! Anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I have an over-the-moon love for the Christmas season. And just seeing them hammer the wooden fence in the ground, hang the white lights and lay the pallets out gets my insides in a twist! And the trees aren't even here yet :) Yes, I know this obnoxious. But I cannot contain myself!
  • This bookshelf:
Via {Lonny} Random? Yes. Beautiful? Absolutely.
  • The Making Things Happen 2010 tour is starting its second-leg this week in Houston, Texas. And the ladies of MTH have yet to disappoint. They've started up a new Tumblr blog to update us MTH fans and hopefuls! Crossing my fingers that the 2011 tour dates are being set in NC!
  • The boy and I live across the street from Southpoint Mall (yes, dangerous for this shopaholic). But we've had two upgrades recently to this uber-convenient shopping district that I'm excited to share! One, they've put in a new traffic light at the main entrance. Yes, I'm weird, but totally entitled, for being excited about this. Living near one of the nicest/largest shopping malls in the state brings people from ALL over during the holiday season, hence making getting to my own home somewhat difficult. So high-five to whoever pushed the traffic light idea to fruition. Two, we stole Raleigh's Crate & Barrel! WOOO! Enough said.
  • What has put a smile on YOUR face this week? Share in the comments, please :) No, really. Please share!
Okay, party people - I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! 
xoxo,
Kat

    2 comments:

    Blasé said...

    So, how will you see where you're walking??

    Victoria said...

    Wow! Just now saw you linked my blog!
    YOU ARE AWESOME, HANDS DOWN! XOXO