Tuesday, December 8, 2009

fa la la la la?


As I'm sure you can tell, I'm a HUGE fan of Christmas. Like the new layout? Some people believe Christmas is more so for children than adults. However, I see it as adults are children with more experience and can enjoy Christmas just as much. Perception is in the eye of the beholder, and this beholder is beyond excited for the 2009 holiday season!

Yes. I have decorated. Yes. I have started baking. Yes. There are a few packages already wrapped. Granted with my family spread out more than usual, I have withheld from getting our Christmas tree yet. That's always a group process. Long story short, I'm ready for Christmas.

However, this year is a little different. It feels like the spirit of the season hasn't truly shown up yet. Thanksgiving for my family this year was not full of our typical traditions. Though I was thankful and it was a great day, it honestly felt a little "off." And while I'm making all the appropriate preparations for Christmas, I feel that maybe the Christmas spirit is not in the full swing of things? I'm sure once the family is all together my anticipation will give in to all that Christmas brings and I suppose I am just a bit anxious.

If anything this Christmas season has already taught me one important lesson: special times and seasons are not made up of ribbons, cookies and buying everyone a gift. It is about sharing joy and love with as many people as possible. My decorations, baking and wrapping gifts are great and it brings me joy. However, I'm most excited to share this season with my family and friends and hope you share that same excitement.

Regardless of when this feeling finally comes to me, I'm wishing everyone a great holiday season! Be safe, have fun, love fully and laugh often.

xoxo
Kat

No comments: