Monday, September 13, 2010

let them eat cake

During the month of September, I'm taking a cake decorating class at the local Michaels. Though my skills in the kitchen do not always match up to my enthusiasm to cook or bake - I'm giving it a whirl!

This week we take in a pre-baked 8" round cake to decorate in class. Next week we're decorating cupcakes! I saw this adorable decor tip on Real Simple and had to share. Super easy, looks beautiful & I'm sure it's delicious!

via {here}
Linzer Style
Inspired by the Linzer torte cookie, this confection sandwiches fruit preserves between layers of cake. Follow these easy three-step directions:
1. Slice: With a sharp knife, remove the top from each cupcake. Use a small (1 1/2-inch) cookie cutter to stamp out a favorite shape.
2. Sweeten: Place a small spoonful of preserves in the center of each cupcake. Sprinkle the tops with confectioners' sugar.
3. Assemble: Holding it by the edges, carefully place each top on the bottom portion of the cupcake.


Sounds easy enough, right? I'm going to give it a go :)

Hope your day is sweet!
xoxo,
Kat

No comments: